Do you want to know How To Delete Duplicates In iTunes Automatically? For many people, nothing is more annoying than seeing a bunch of duplicate files when you are trying to create a play list.
There are several reasons why you would have duplicates. It could be that a good friend of yours decided to share his music collection with you or you may have forgotten that you downloaded a particular set of songs already. Whatever the case, you are probably just thinking about getting rid of those duplicates.
What’s the best way to go about this?
1. Make backups of your music collection. The very first thing that I suggest is making a backup of your entire music collection. That is, burn your whole music collection to CD. It’s possible that you may delete files that you didn’t want to delete. There may be files that look okay, but when you listen to the track the quality is really bad or the song is incomplete. If that is the case, you can just get the song from backup rather than having to re-download.
2. Put proper labels on your music files. When you are deleting duplicate files, you want to make sure the files you are actually deleting are indeed duplicates. In iTunes, you will usually see the name, artist, album and the album cover artwork. If you have music files from other sources, the information usually displayed in iTunes may be missing. It makes it that much more challenging to identify duplicates. Here’s what you need to do:
* Connect to the internet and download an iTunes plug-in to clean up all your music files.
* Open iTunes and select all your music files on your machine and drag them into the plug-in. Press the clean button.
* When the process is complete, all your music files will display the correct information in iTunes.
3. Delete the duplicates.
* Open iTunes.
* Click File/Display Duplicates.
* Sort your files by Name and then go through your list and delete the duplicate files.
Using a robust, easy-to-use iTunes plug-in to help you identify the duplicates in your music collection.
You don’t have to be annoyed anymore. After using this plug-in all your files will be properly labeled. Even if you have thousands of music files, the plug-in will sift through your whole collection within a matter of minutes You won’t have to second guess if those music files are duplicates or not.
Why don’t you have a look for yourself at the plug-in that has helped thousands of music lovers? Visit: Software To Delete Duplicates In iTunes Automatically.
So remember to, make a backup of your whole music collection, clean your music files using the iTunes plug-in and then finally use the iTunes application to properly delete the duplicates.
Do you really want to clean up your music collection? Starting today? Visit: Delete Duplicates In iTunes Automatically.